Tuesday, March 31, 2009

We Have A Date

I received a call from jailynn's service coordinator today. The school system gave us a date for Jailynns IEP meeting. It will be Friday May 1st. Her coordinator really pushed for a friday because she knows I do not have school myself on fridays! That was so thoughtful of her. I would have ditched school for this anyway though, had it been scheduled any other day. They did not tell her what time though. She is trying to influence them to make it as early as possible or later after lunch time because we want to have Jailynn there.
Good thing is that i know the cut off for summer services is birthdays before June 1st. Well Miss jailynn makes the cutoff by 1 day! So they will have to give her Summer services if she qualifies, which we know she will.

I am excited and nervous at the same time. I am trying to go in with an open mind but I just have bad feelings about the IEP process because of horror stories plus Baltimore City Schools system is so nuts. The city schools are bad and there is so much bad stuff going on and so many dangerous parts of Baltimore City. I really wish we could move or get permission to jump into County schools, but that is just a dream.

No comments: