Tuesday, September 29, 2009

singing

When Jailynn came home today from school I sat her on the couch to take off her jacket. She started singing something but I could not make out the words. Me and daddy discovered that she was trying to sing "Where is Thumbkin?" It was all garbled but she had the tune down perfectly. Later in the tub she started singing the "I love You" song from barney to her Barbie doll. I have been singing that for about 2 months to hear when I turn off her light and go to lay her down in the crib. When she sang it to Barbie she even did the kiss sound. She has also been singing "friends, friends 1,2,3. All my friends are here with me" She is picking most of this up at school!

We have taken her to behavior therapy appointments 2 times now. this Friday will be our 3rd appointment. 2 weeks ago we saw the therapist and ever since that 2nd time Jailynn has not played in her dirty diaper at all. We have been sneaking in her room in the middle of the night and placing toys in at the bottom end so that when she wakes up she will find them and play with them instead of poop. Also when we get her out of the crib after a nap or in the morning if she has not done it we sing a made up "Clean hands" song to her. she now tries to sing that song as well and she reminds you if you forget to sing it! These efforts have been working so well.

Since therapy started she has also stopped kicking me to death when I change her diapers. We lay on the praise really thick and it is working so well!

No comments: