Tuesday, January 20, 2009

home from MRI

So we have been home awhile.
They gave Jailynn some kind of medicine before they took her to her MRI to make her drowzy, so that she would not fight the mask when they gave her gas to put her to sleep. I was really sad when they were doing it cause the gas smelled bad and she was crying , i had to lay my head on her chest to hug her and hold her arms down. then once she was knocked out her breathing sounded weird and i had to kiss her and tell her goodbye and jay kissed her hand. we waited for like almost an hour, they came out and said she did fine and was in recovery and we could come back soon. it was 30-40 mins before they came back to say we could come be with her and i was getting mad and worried because it was so long. i thought something was wrong. Nothing was wrong they just said she was tired and it took awhile for her to wake up and they wanted her to rest. She was upset once she woke up and noticed the iv in her hand. Then they had to peel off the sticky things off her chest and take her iv out and the tape she was so upset about it. she kept saying up up. She threw up a few times from the anesthesia. Once we were in the car she started to seem like herself. when we came home she no longer wanted to sleep. she has been drinking juice and watching blues clues.

We bought a portable dvd player yesterday and took it with us today. I LOVE it! Jailynn sat quietly and smiled big when she saw blues clues come on in the waiting room. The best waiting room experience with her ever!!

When we were waiting for the MRI to be finished we watched the President on tv. I also began to be really scared and my eyes got watery because i told jay i was scared about today and the surgery. He hugged me and said take one day at a time. I told him about all of the great comments that I had from my bloop friends and how some people said only worry about the present day and to breath and that i can do this.

I really appresciate the love, advice, support and prayers I get from everyone here.

No comments: