Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Surgery here we come

Dr K. called today and told my hubby Jay that he would call at 5 pm cause I wasnt home when he called at 10:30 am. At 5 pm today i was dying for my phone call from Jailnns doctor. by 6 pm i was angry and 7 pm i was livid. I called my best friend Summer to complain then i called my friend amanda hoping complaining to her would make the call come. she tried to calm me but finally i got a beep and it was him!

He said the discussion on Jailynn was short at the meeting. They saw 6 very clear definate ride sided seizures and a 7th fuzzy one but they know it wasnt from the left side. He said they all agreed that a HEMISPHERECTOMY was the way to go. jason and I agree and Dr K. said it would be best to just start sceduling it now, and we could always change it if we needed. Jailynn will need a MRI, neurosurgeon appt and maybe a neuropsych evaluation and bloodwork. He said Diana Pillas will set all this up. She is away til Tuesday, he said I should wait for her to call me and call her if i havent heard from her by the end of next week. I talked to Jasons brother and mom, his brother his very aprehensive and doesnt understand, (hes 21) i just think hes scared. Jays mom didnt say much at all. I am nervous but happy to have an answer.

So this begins our journey to surgery. Dr K. said we can probably get Dec2008/Jan 2009, probably middle of Jan, which could work casue school doesnt start til feb. 2nd

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you need ANYTHING....just let me know. You know how to get ahold of us. Just remember....trust in the doctors. They really do know what is going on and have faith. Going through Chance's journey was terrifying to say the least, but in the end, it all turned out even better than what the doctors could have ever predicted.