Monday, August 31, 2009

school transportation issues

Jailynn's school bus was supposed to get here today at 8 am. I know that it is the first day and all. We were prepared for the bus to be maybe 15 mins early or late. Well it was about 35 mins late. When it was 20 mins late I called the bus company and asked, the man told me " well its the first day they are running late, all I can tell you is they will be there." Somebody should know where these buses are at all times. He could not even tell me about how late it was running. Finally Jay and I gave up we were getting loaded in my car. I was gonna take him to school and then drop Jailynn off late at school. right when I am about to put Jailynn in the car I see the bus park on the main road near the end of my street. Jailynn is scheduled for DOOR TO DOOR service. I even told this driver personally that my husband is blind and can she honk the horn in front of my house when she comes. She did a test run last week and drove down my street. I was never notified that she would not be picked up in front of our home. How in the hell can he hear her from way down the road when she is on a busy main road honking. As a disabled student my daughter is given door to door service and I have it in writing.

So I have emailed the transportation manager, I can't get through on the phone. I also have a call into Jailynn's school, they can't control the buses, but they can make a call to help me a little.

I still haven't heard about or received payment for driving Jailynn to school last year, since she was entitled to a bus but they could not provided adequate transportation.

No comments: